Binghe Wang, Ph.D.
|B.S. Medicinal Chemistry||Beijing Medical University||Beijing, China||1982|
|Ph.D. Medicinal Chemistry||University of Kansas||Lawrence, KS||1991|
- Post-doctoral Experience
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kansas School of Pharmacy, 1992-1993
Post-doctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, University of Arizona, 1992
- Honors and Awards
- Georgia Research Alliance Eminent Scholar in Drug Discovery
Georgia Cancer Coalition Distinguished Cancer Scientist
- Research Interests
- Research interests are in the general areas of drug design, drug delivery, bioorganic chemistry, combinatorial chemistry, molecular recognition and fluorescent sensor design. Specifically, we are working on (1) the development of a new type of therapeutics targeted on drug-resistant cancer, (2) new cancer diagnostics by recognizing the difference in glycosylation patterns of pathologically relevant glycoproteins, (3) new MRI contrast agents based on cancer biomarkers, (4) phosphodiesterase inhibitors, and (5) new antimicrobial agents.
- Representative Publications
- Zou, W.; He, M; Yue, P.; Zhou, Z.; Lin, N.; Lonial, S.; Khuri, F.R.; Wang, B.; Sun, S-Y. “Vitamin C Inactivates the Proteasome Inhibitor PS-341 (Bortezomib) in Human Cancer Cells” Clin. Cancer Res. 2006, 12, 273-280 (Editorial Clin. Cancer Res. 2006, 12, 3-4).
Yan, J.; Jin S.; Wang, B. “A Novel Redox-Sensitive Protecting Group for Boronic Acids, MPMP-Diol” Tetrahedron Lett. 2005, 46, 8503-8505.
Yang, W.; Fan, H.; Gao, S.; Gao, X.; Ni, W.; Karnati, V.; Hooks, W.B.; Carson, J.; Weston, B.; Wang, B. “The First Fluorescent Diboronic Acid Sensor Specific for Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells Expressing Sialyl Lewis X” Chem. Biol. 2004, 11, 439-448.
Zych, L.; Yang, W.; Griffin, K.; Liao, Y.; Wang, B. “Coumarin-based Cyclic Prodrugs of Peptides-The Effect of Substitution” Bioorg. Chem. 2004, 32, 109-123.