Aaron M. Beedle, Ph.D.
Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences
|B.Sc. (Honours)||Queen’s University||Canada||1998|
|Ph.D. Neuroscience||University of Calgary||Canada||2003|
- Post-doctoral Experience
- Postdoctoral Scholar, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 2003-2008
- Honors and Awards
- 1996-1997, The Abramsky Prize, Physiology, Queen’s University
1997-1998, Undergraduate Research Project Prize, Physiology, Queen’s University
1997-1998, R.E. Semple Memorial Prize in Physiology (shared), Queen’s University
1998-1999, Cooper Prize, Neuroscience Research Group, University of Calgary
2009, Postdoctoral Teaching Award (Inaugural), Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Iowa
2012-2014 Lilly Teaching Fellow, University of Georgia
- Research Interests
- Dr. Beedle’s long term research goals are to identify proteins and pathways with therapeutic potential in dystroglycanopathy or broader muscle disease.
- Representative Publications
- Beedle AM, Turner AJ, Saito Y, Lueck JD, Foltz SJ, Fortunato MJ, Nienaber PM and Campbell KP (2012) Mouse fukutin deletion impairs dystroglycan processing and recapitulates muscular dystrophy. Journal of Clinical Investigation 122:3330-3342.
Miki T, Kiyonaka S, Uriu Y, De Waard M, Wakamori M, Beedle AM, Campbell KP and Mori Y (2007) Mutation associated with an autosomal dominant cone-rod dystrophy CORD7 modifies RIM1-mediated modulation of voltage-dependent Ca2+ channels. Channels 1(3):144-147.
Beedle AM, Nienaber PM and Campbell KP (2007) Fukutin-related protein associates with the sarcolemmal dystrophin-glycoprotein complex. J. Biol. Chem. 282(23):16713-16717.
Kiyonaka S, Wakamori M, Miki T, Uriu Y, nonaka M, Bito H, Beedle AM, Mori E, Hara Y, De Waard M, Kanagawa M, Itakura M, Takahashi M, Campbell KP and Mori Y (2007) RIM1 confers sustained activity and neurotransmitter vesicle anchoring to presynaptic Ca2+ channels. Nat. Neurosci. 10(6):691-701.